Monday, January 19, 2009

More Books Read and New Favorite Author

Mr. Darcy’s Daughters by Elizabeth Aston - I really like this book. I love Camilla. She is the type of daughter I always imagined my two favorite characters would produce. The other daughters, Letty, Georgina and Belle, annoy me and I am somewhat disappointed in imagining them as the children of Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy. But this was a wonderful book and Elizabeth Aston writes so well one could almost forget that she is not Jane Austen.

The Exploits and Adventures of Miss. Alethea Darcy by Elizabeth Aston - Alethea Darcy is a wonderful character. She is very much like her sister Camilla (from Mr. Darcy’s Daughters, above) and I love her.

The True Darcy Spirit by Elizabeth Aston - I really liked this book. It took a little getting used to the fact that Horatio Darcy is Cassandra Darcy’s cousin but as long as I reminded myself that they were distant cousins, it seemed okay.

I love this author and I can’t wait to read the final three books in the Darcy series.

This makes 11 books read so far in 2009. A big dent in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm glad you've discovered the Darcy series! I checked my favorite book-swapping site, www.bookins.com, and they have Mr. Darcy's Daughters and also The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy: A Novel ... I think you'd enjoy it, too.