Thursday, January 17, 2008

Books

I started a list of all the books I read in 2008. So far it contains:

The Wednesday Letters: Sweet and sad but an enjoyable read.

The Book of Names: Wonderful. I have already recommended it to my mom.

The Kite Runner: This was a good book but it was painful to read because the Afghan peoples story can break your heart. However, A Thousand Splendid Suns is on my to-read list because Khaled Hosseini has a wonderful way with words.

Eat, Pray, Love: I liked this book because it takes place in several places. It gave me great meditation ideas but there were parts that were difficult to read. However, I wish when I got divorced that I could have taken this type of journey. I am definitely putting her next book on my list.

2 comments:

Jason Wright said...

Hey there! Glad you liked Wednesday Letters. I've been meaning to read Book of Names, as well. Good book, eh?

Karen Tintori said...

So glad you enjoyed THE BOOK OF NAMES. It will be out in paperback from St. Martin's February 5, 2008, and Jill Gregory and I are currently completing revisions on our next Jewish mystical thriller, THE ILLUMINATION, and are hard at work plotting a third book.

Happy Reading!

Karen Tintori
The Book of Names w/Jill Gregory
Unto the Daughters: The Legacy of an Honor Killing in a Sicilian-American Family
www.karentintori.com