Friday, March 15, 2013

My Love-Hate Relationship with Daylight Savings Time


I have a love-hate relationship with Daylight Savings Time.  Love because I really enjoy walking the big dog with Princess Ivi when I get home from work and the fact that it will be lighter later is great for that.  Hate because I have many sleep issues and change is not good when you have sleep issues.  On Sunday I slept until 10, Monday I woke up at 8:12 (when I need to leave at 8:30) and this morning I woke up at 5 (when I didn’t want to wake up until 7:45).  Eventually my body will adjust.  

I thought what I would do in order to make this transition easier is make myself a little list of all the great things that Daylight Savings means:

1.  Spring is almost here.  We live in Florida and I anticipate we will have one more cold spell but other than that, we can look forward to nice weather coming soon.  

2.  Flowers.  The azalea, dogwood, and some other plants that I do not know are all blooming right now and it is beautiful. 

3.  Lowe’s garden section.  We picked up some nice pansies and a few other plants which are looking pretty good. 

4.  Fresh veggies from our garden.  

5.  Walks with my kid

6.  Being able to catch the sunset in a pic (normally I am driving down the road when I see it). 


Sunset on Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park

No comments: