Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adventures in My Kitchen

I had never made lasagna before.  Not until Sunday when I made an Italian Sausage Goat Cheese Lasagna for mom, the boyfriend and Princess Ivi.  It turned out really well and I was told the recipe is a keeper.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it.  Next time.  

I have been eating a lot of those little Quaker oatmeal cups and I want to start experimenting on making my own to see if I can get the taste right and lower the cost.

I have also been eating lactose-free Yoplait which is really good.  I just wish they had more flavors than vanilla, strawberry and peach.  I think I will write to them and suggest blueberry and blackberry.  

I saw these beautiful jars on a website and I really want them.  I think the blue is such a cool color although if you canned something in them, the blue might make it look a little "off".

I also made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies which turned out okay.  Princess Ivi and I tasted them but since we never eat white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, it was tough to say if they were good or not.  The boyfriend gave them the thumbs up.

I made red velvet mini cupcakes and a little round cake with the best frosting I have ever made.  It was a white chocolate cheese cake frosting.  I didn't eat the cupcakes or cake but I licked the beaters after I tested the frosting.

What is on the menu...


Chicken with Flash-Seared Spring Vegetables and Pancetta

Image courtesy of Cooking Club


Crockpot Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes and Carrots (like the good Irish girl that I am)

Image:  Courtesy of Martha Stewart
Obviously, we will be eating more than this but I am not sure what.  I keep meaning to make a good menu and have Princess Ivi start cooking but I just can't seem to get around to it.  

No comments: