Thursday, January 31, 2013

Alternate Realities

My family will tell you that watching TV with me is an adventure.  I tend to get involved with the show and have long conversations with the characters like they can actually hear me.  You know that person who always tells the ditzy girl in the horror movie "Don't go in the basement stupid!", well that is me.  Except I do it all the time.  

For instance, I love Battlestar Galactica and I can watch the reruns about a million times and still love it as much as the first time.  Possibly even more than the first time since I have watched the whole season and it makes sense to me now.  But while watching BG, I am constantly yelling out "Don't listen to her.  She's a cylon!" or "You're a cylon!" just because I am a dork.  

I am also the type of person who will analyze TV shows and moves to death and write plots in my head or rewrite how it should have been.  

Needless to say after watching Downton Abbey, Episode 4 my heart just aches and I wish I could rewrite the whole damn episode.  I like many people am trying to remind myself that the characters are not real but to me they are real in their own little universe and it hurts.  

I refuse to post spoilers on here because I think that just sucks but anyone who is caught up on DA knows what I am talking about.  

Even though my heart is broken, I can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings but in the meantime, I will continue to feel sad about this little detour the show has taken.






No comments: