Thursday, December 18, 2008

100 Things

1. I was born on April 27.

2. That makes my birth stone a diamond.

3. Which is convenient.

4. But makes it so I prefer unconventional gems/stones if someone wants to give me something with significance.

5. I have an older sister.

6. I have an older brother.

7. I have a great mother.

8. My parents are divorced and I don’t know my father.

9. People act strange when I tell them that I don’t know my father and he lived only half an hour from me when I was growing up.

10. It is okay though because I know my Father and I know that He loves me.

11. I have two half-brothers and a half-sister.

12. I have one child.

13. She is the best thing in my life.

14. She was born in Georgia.

15. I have lived in Massachusetts (twice), Florida (twice), and Georgia.

16. I did not learn to swim until I was nine.

17. I have night terrors.

18. I taught myself to knit ten years ago.

19. I am addicted to knitting.

20. Knitting keeps me sane.

21. I cannot sew or crochet.

22. I want to sew.

23. I break electronic devices and pop light bulbs.

24. I wear a size 11 shoe.

25. My mother is an artist.

26. My daughter is too.

27. I love coffee.

28. And chocolate.

29. I never went to summer camp.

30. I was a Girl Scout leader for three years.

31. I had more fun at Girl Scouts than my daughter.

32. I love to cook.

33. I hate to do dishes.

34. I like to be organized.

35. I am a paralegal.

36. I am lactose intolerant.

37. I am seriously allergic to mushrooms.

38. I have asthma.

39. I have not smoked a cigarette in nine years.

40. I love musicals.

41. My favorite is Summer Stock.

42. I love Judy Garland.

43. And Gene Kelly.

44. I don’t care about clothes, shoes or purses.

45. I am currently living with my mom because of a crisis in my life.

46. I have broken four bones in my body - calcaneus (heel bone), talus (ankle bone), pelvis, 12th
left rib.

47. I have been in three car accidents - two rear end (someone hitting me) and one Honda v.
truck with snow plow.

48. I want to go to law school when my daughter goes to college.

49. I want to travel to different countries.

50. I want to go on a mission someday.

51. Not to an orphanage because leaving would break my heart.

52. I hate winter. Too cold.

53. I hate summer. Too hot.

54. I don’t cry often enough.

55. Anne Rivers Siddons is my favorite author.

56. I can’t read murder thriller books because they give me nightmares.

57. I go to the library once a week.

58. I love to sing in the car.

59. I like to sleep late on weekends.

60. I have a super cute nephew.

61. He has Down’s Syndrome.

62. I love him so very much!

63. There are some words I would like to ban the use of.

64. Sometimes I drive too fast.

65. I seriously dislike people who do not use their blinkers when turning.

66. I have had many jobs.

67. I rarely make it to midnight on New Year’s Eve.

68. I have only a handful of friends.

69. However, the friends I have are as dear to me as can be.

70. I think everyone should support their children.

71. I think punishment should be harsher for those who do not pay their child support.

72. I like the name Esther.

73. And Grace.

74. I wish I could go back in time and have one more day to spend with my Grammie.

75. But I know I will see her again.

76. I have one tattoo.

77. I got it for my 27th birthday.

78. My mom designed the tattoo when I was 13 for all of us kids.

79. It is like a family brand.

80. Only my sister and I have it so far.

81. It is on my ankle.

82. It hurt really bad.

83. But I want more tattoos.

84. Only I can’t afford them.

85. I swear too much.

86. Growing up, my mom used to wash my mouth out with soap.

87. Irish Spring tastes the worst.

88. I want to learn to speak Finnish.

89. My ethnic background includes Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Finnish, Swedish, French, French-
Canadian, German, and American Indian.

90. I want to go to every country where my ancestors came from.

91. The only time I have ever been out of the U.S. is when we went to Canada (Montreal to be
exact).

92. I was six or seven years old at the time.

93. I have been to 26 states in the U.S.

94. I will go to all 50 before I die.

95. When I am bored at work, I like to read blogs.

96. And visit Ravelry.

97. And look at knitting patterns.

98. I have a fear of crossing train tracks.

99. I cry when I listen to Christian rock songs.

100. You can learn more about me by continuing to read this blog.

No comments: