Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Non, je ne regrette rien or No, I regret nothing

We watched La Vie en Rose last night.  For those of you not familiar, it is a move based on the life of French singer, Edith Piaf. 

It was a good movie but it left out a lot of her life like when she was singing for the Germans in occupied France when she was allegedly working for The Resistance.  (I say allegedly because there is no proof as of yet.)  The line above is the title of a song which she sang. 

Edith Piaf was an avid knitter until she was physically incapable of doing so.  When asked what she did when not singing, she responded “I knit.”  Sounds like my kind of girl. 

I became interested in Edith Piaf when watching Saving Private Ryan when Upham is translating the words of Tu Es Partout while waiting for the Germans to come to the Bridge and fall into their trap.

I enjoyed watching La Vie en Rose except for the fact that due to having to read the subtitles, I was not able to knit. 

Our Netflix activity is starting to get pretty busy since our cable is disconnected.  Up next, December Boys with Daniel Radcliffe, followed by Downfall.  I like foreign films, obviously, and I like movies about World War II.

No comments: