Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello World! It’s good to see you my long lost friend.

I have been taking a bunch of great pics to post on here but I lost my camera cord in the move.  Grr!!!  I was hoping to locate it this weekend but no luck.

My weekend was pretty busy.  Here is the wrap up:

Saturday

  • Organized coupons.  I send expired coupons and coupons I don’t use to a woman who participates in Coupons for Troops.  I separated the coupons by month (May, June, July, August through current) and put them in labeled ziploc bags.  Then I put them in one big envelope to mail.   For current coupons I use, I put them in my coupon box.
  • Cleaning house.  Putting the coupons away cleaned off my kitchen table and then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up.  My house finally has no more boxes in it.  My living room looks great.  Of course, my bedroom needs some attention but at least the rest of the house looks good.
  • Hanging out with Princess Ivi.  While I was cleaning, she was on the computer or lounging on the couch reading my high school yearbook and of course, laughing at the hairstyles.
  • Reading How to Knit a Love Song by Rachael Herron.  (This was a free book that I won through help4writers.com.)  I am not sure if I like this book.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the characters.  I didn’t like Cade (the male leading character).  I thought he was a jerk.  I did like the female character but I thought that she needed to stand up for herself more.  I thought the ending was too neat.  There was really no talking or explaining or apologizing done and I think it needed it, especially the apologizing.  Also, I couldn’t close my eyes and picture the people in the book or the town where it is supposed to take place which I like to be able to do.  However, I really liked the writing style and I liked how I could feel my chest getting tight in some of the emotional scenes (which is how I judge whether a book is good).  This was also a quick read for me and I was able to finish it in four (4) hours.     

Sunday

  • Skipped church and went to Rum Island with Mom, Princess Ivi and her boyfriend instead.  We met my brother and his kids there which was nice because it gave the kids time to hang out and visit.  Even better, we missed the torrential rain that started about 15 minutes after we loaded the car up to head home.  (BTW, Rum Island is a really nice spring on the Santa Fe River in Fort White, Florida.)  [I was frustrated on the ride over though because I made a great mixed cd of some tunes for the ride and it wouldn’t play in mom’s car.  Grrr!!] 
  • At home, took shower and lotioned the light sunburn.
  • Watched Sweeney Todd (again).
  • Cut out coupons from Sunday papers.  I even organized them while I was doing it too.  I bundled up the ones I am giving away, put the ones I am keeping in my box and made a special organizer for drug store items (soap/body wash, feminine products, deodorant, razors, shampoo, etc.) and included a tab for CVS and Walgreens.

Now it is Monday and I am back to work.  This week will be interesting because my boss is on vacation so it is pretty quiet.  I have a lot to do but I have to space it out well so it lasts all week.

Also, I am taking Friday off to go to the child support office and sit there for a while until someone can see me.  (Sounds like fun, huh?)

No comments: