Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Knit and Crochet Show

So my sister and I went to the Knit and Crochet Show in Manchester. I finally learned to do the whole chain stitch thing in crochet. Mainly because I have recently run across a few patterns where that was called for and I don’t know how to do it. It was also to get the bag of free stuff. Free stuff=skein of coats and clark green yarn (green?), a crochet hook, an embroidery needle (plastic but still okay), an instruction booklet and a packet of patterns. The coolest part of the lesson though was that my sister, the crocheter, learned to knit and really enjoyed it.

I was good. I actually went to the show looking for Noro Daria Multi for the Daria bracelet but didn’t find it. Instead I found 10 balls of Rowan Biggy Print 259 Sherbet Dip at $2.00 a ball. Wow!! (Unfortunately, the next booth over had the Daria Multi but it was $12.50 a hank and I have since found a few websites that sell it for less.)

Yesterday, I taught my coworker how to knit. She is a natural. Her stitches look so nice and neat. She wants to make a baby blanket for her niece who is scheduled to come into this world in November.

No comments: