Friday, July 25, 2008

Fighting the Battle with Single Sock Syndrome

I have finally finished sock #1 from the starter stockinette socks (on Sunday). I have been trying desperately to cast on for sock #2 but so many things have been going on.

First of all, last Tuesday I rolled over in bed and I heard a horrific snap in my neck and instantly felt pain in my shoulder that made me sick to my stomach. I couldn’t lie down and actually had to sit up to finish sleeping. A trip to the ER gave me a diagnosis of trapezius strain. I was given pain medication and told to follow up with my primary physician in a month (which I guess is how long these things typically take to clear up).

However, it continued to get worse so that yesterday I went to see my primary physician. Unfortunately, I saw his nurse practitioner who basically said I was fine, I wasn’t having muscle spasms and to continue with ibuprofen.

Well, Ryan didn’t like that diagnosis much so he took me to urgent care where I was diagnosed with acute trapezius spasms, given a different muscle relaxer, some more pain medication and the doctor called my primary to set up PT.

Thursday (the 17th) was my husband’s birthday (along with my best friend Tarna who I have known since Kindergarten). [Happy Birthday!!!!] None of us felt up to doing too much then.

Saturday my husband’s medicine for his three crushed vertebrae was stolen from his work truck so he has been in pain all week.

Sunday I made the ugliest carrot cake ever. It is my mother-in-law’s recipe. I love it because it is super easy and yummy but I forgot to flour the pan so it was difficult to get out. I am also stumped as to how she frosts the whole cake with the small amount of frosting it makes. Next time, I will flour the pans and double the cream cheese frosting recipe.

Monday Ryan got a call that one of his best friends (Lee Solomon) died from a drug overdose. I hate drugs.

So needless to say, it has been a crazy week. It is already Friday and I still haven’t started to other sock but I will do it this weekend.

My sister and I are going to the Knit and Crochet Show on Sunday. Yeah!! I love this place. Last year we got about $60 worth of free yarn so maybe we will score again this year.

Sabrina from my office wants me to start teaching her on Monday to knit so she can make her niece who is due in November a blanket. I am really excited about teaching her and I think it will be fun.

No comments: