Friday, June 20, 2008

Morning People and Blended Families. More complicated then it might appear....

So the only thing about being married to a morning person is that they wake up all cheery and happy and I wake up all grumpy and cranky. I hate waking up. I would sleep all day if I could and I would be more than happy to work all night. Night is when I am at my best. I had a boss once who thought I was a morning person until I came to work one day and I was really grumpy. He asked me what was wrong and when I told him I hated mornings, he didn't believe me. I told him I had perfected the act of appearing like a morning person so I didn't run all of our clients away. I guess now though since I work on divorce cases I don't care about running our clients away.

With respect to my post of yesterday regarding my inside out sock, I have received lots of good advice on how to fix it and where the problem came from. It would appear that when I was taught to knit socks, my teacher taught me to start on the wrong needle. Now I won't do that for the second sock. But I am still going to make that lifeline.

Princess Ivi is sitting on my office floor. She came in with me to put address labels on envelopes. She of course is done with that project and is now doodling. She is determined to make it through the day with me but I expect she will get bored here in a bit.

Ryan is coming to have lunch with us which will break up the day nicely.

I am dealing with attorneys in Georgia with respect to visitation for Princess Sunshine. It is very difficult talking to them because (1) I am a woman so they assume the "little lady" shouldn't know anything about anything even though I work in family law and (2) they have their own schedule down there it seems because I call and call and I never actually get to speak to a person.

I really dislike Ryan's ex-wife right now. She is being petty and mean and hurting both Ryan and Princess Sunshine but she doesn't care. I know I shouldn't be like this but I figure I will work it all out of my system before Princess Sunshine comes to visit so it doesn't spill over onto her. I am sure I read something like that in a book on how to successfully blend families.

Blending with Princess Sunshine is on hold for right now since Ryan hasn't been able to see her since about January. I am hoping that can be resolved soon and we can get a good visitation schedule going.

The blending on our end is going well. Princess Ivi and Ryan get along so well together. Last night, they spent some time just being silly. I was the audience.

Well, it is Friday. This weekend is going to consist of laundry, groceries, cooking, cleaning, etc. All the usual dreary things that must be done so our house doesn't fall apart. Luckily I have very good helpers. It also will include sock knitting since I am now on a roll and would really love to finish soon so I can make the second one the correct way.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the summer solstice!

No comments: