Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Best Pick-up Line Ever

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday so I missed 10 on Tuesday's 10 Ways to Simplify Your Life.  We were being monitored by the organization that we get our funding from.  I didn't think it would be a good idea to blog because, knowing my luck, he would have walked up behind me. 

A funny thing happened to me when I checked my email yesterday.  A few months ago, on some strange whim, I set up a profile on OK Cupid for a couple of reasons.  (1. It is free and 2. I was apparently feeling rather lonely.)  Needless to say, I have not yet met the man of my dreams on this site.  I have had several messages though.  I have the one guy who repeatedly contacts me with messages referring to the size of my breasts.  he also visits my profile several times a week.  Yesterday though, I received the best message.  (This is a sarcastic comment which is hard to portray in a blog posting).  


Anyway, the line was "if you can have more kids, you are perfect.  Would love to talk."  

Seriously?  I did visit this gentleman's profile to learn that he is "going through some serious changes in his life".  I also learned that he is 6'5" and just finished CNA school and is hoping to go to RN school soon.  So this man thought that using the pick up line about having more kids with a man who has a crappy paying job (if he is even working as a CNA), who admits to throwing his PlayStation across the room, would make me jump at the opportunity to be with me.  

My response - Tempting, but....no.

My new job is going well, I think.  I work with some really great people.  So far, I don't have any complaints.  Except to say that working for legal aid, working with the most needy of our society, can really put your life in perspective but that is not a complaint just an observation.

As for knitting, I haven't been doing much this week.  Princess Ivi and I had a bit of a blow up on Saturday and since then, haven't really felt like knitting.

I am thinking about my niece's 16th birthday party which is Saturday at the Cheesecake Factory.  I have no idea what I am going to get her though.  I guess I should probably decide soon though.   

No comments: