Monday, June 7, 2010

As Elton would say, “I’m moving out!!”

Princess Ivi and I have found a place to live.  Yeah!!!  After we went and looked at it and gave the money, we sketched out what it looked like and decided where we were putting our stuff.  We are really excited.

The timing of our move is up in the air right now.  I have to find out about the utilities and then the landlord is going to shampoo the carpets (which is great).  Once the carpets are done, we can move in.  It just depends on what they need for a deposit for the lights. 

But I expect we will move all of our heavy stuff (dressers, couch, etc.) in on the 19th or 20th.  Lights on 14th, shampooing on the 14th, keys on the 14th or 15th, boxes moving over nightly starting on the 15th and then big stuff on the 19th.  My brother has volunteered to come down and help move the big stuff.

By no means is this place a mansion but it affordable and will allow us to still have a life.  It has two bedrooms (one master and one tiny bedroom which will be Princess Ivi’s), a bathroom, kitchen/living/dining area and a washer and dryer hook-up.  It has a nice fenced in yard too.  And we are able to have the dog. 

I think that with the shampooed carpets and a good cleaning, some curtains and our furniture, it will be really cute and we can make it really homey.

The best part about it is that it is in a little subdivision that would be perfect to walk in.  Oh and there are two police officers who live on the same road as me, one two doors up and one five doors up.  So I am assuming it will be safe. 

No comments: