Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WTF Kind of Day

Remind me again why I got out of bed today.

Today has already been one of those days and it is not even 10:00 a.m. My boss left the office to travel over an hour away for a deposition. Then the other attorney called to point out that I made a mistake on the subpoena. The subpoena says 1:00 p.m. so that is when the witness was planning on attending and of course, he couldn’t change his schedule. Luckily, I called my boss before he got all the way down there and he was able to come back. But I still feel incredibly stupid and irritated. This witness and the other attorney are difficult and I am now sitting on pins and needles hoping that they still show up.

I wish I had a teleportation device. My boss is supposed to go to Arizona on the 2nd for a video deposition which will be used at trial. Then on Tuesday he has a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Well, I can’t seem to find any flights that get him back here in time. Unless I count the flights that are overnight flights.

I can tell that today is the type of day where anything can go wrong.

Can I get a do-over? I will be more than happy to go home, go back to bed and try again tomorrow.

Last night was uneventful. After dinner, I started on Princess Ivi’s blanket. I am holding three strands of Homespun and one strand of Vanna White’s Choice. It looks nice and feels really soft. I am going to make a concerted effort to get as much done on it as I can.

No comments: