Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Favorite site and knitting update

So I love this site. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ She uses her crockpot every day. Some of her recipes sound pretty off the wall but some sound really yummy. I love my crockpot so I have bookmarked this and will be making some recipes (definitely the tapioca).


Today was one of those days where I spent a lot of time in between projects browsing cooking blogs. I love to cook but since I am taking the H & R Block Tax course three nights a week, I don't get to cook as often as I would like. But the class is over the end of October so then I will start cooking more.


As for knitting, I recently finished a baby hat and booties (gifts for an upcoming baby shower) and they made me realize how much I WANT A BABY!!!!!


I have been playing around with my baby yarn since and I am making a blanket (for on the floor). I am using two strands of Lion Brand Jiffy in pink and one strand each of Caron Simply Soft yellow and white with size 17 needles. It is coming out very sturdy but I love the color combination so I thought I would keep it as a blanket for when the baby is playing on the floor.

Tonight I am going to cast on for some mittens to go with the hat and booties for my friend's sister's shower. I am going to use Bev's Minneapolis Mittens (http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/abctree.html).

No comments: