Monday, March 15, 2010

Mission for March: Finish It or Get Rid of It

My mission for March (should I choose to accept it) is to finish all those lingering UFOs. By finishing, I mean either finishing them (completely weaving in ends and everything) or frog them and put the yarn and needles away. What really prompted me to do this is the fact that the majority of my needles are currently in projects that are just piling up. And also the fact that those piles are nearly in danger of toppling over. My one rule is that I was not allowed to cast on for a new project at all this month (unless it was to change an existing project).

Here are my UFOs which need addressing:
  1. Prayer Shawl started in 2005 (maybe even late 2004): This project is 3/4 of the way finished but is so boring to work on.
  2. Isaac's 2nd Sweater started August 1, 2007: After a disastrous 1st sweater, I chose to make another. Unfortunately, it is a size 2 and my nephew is now a size 4. I was going to frog this but decided I will finish it and maybe donate it. The back is complete. Need to knit sleeves and front.
  3. Simple Stockinette Socks started June 17, 2008: One sock is complete and the second sock has been cast on and knit for about two inches.
  4. Stocking started October 20, 2008: This stocking is knit. It just needs to be seamed, the ends woven in and decorated, if necessary.
    Special Olympic Scarf 2009 started November 28, 2008: I thought this project was done but found it in a bag this weekend. It is knit but the ends need to be woven in.
  5. Spiral Tube Socks started December 30, 2008: These were supposed to be a gift for my sister. One sock is about 3/4 of the way finished.
  6. Ilene Market Bag started March 14, 2009: Frogged
  7. Easiest Baby Blanket started March 23, 2009: This was made for my friend's baby who will be a year old in August. It was turning out so well but then I knit until the end of the yarn supply and realized I forgot to do the border. I unknit it to do the border and somehow got started on the wrong row of the pattern. Need to sit down and carefully frog it until I can pick up the stitches and reknit it correctly.
  8. Red Scarf started in 2009: Frogged.
  9. Corrugator started December 22, 2009: This scarf was made for my coworker who supplied the yarn. I didn't like the way it was knitting up so I frogged it and reknit it as a simple ribbed scarf which is 25% of the way complete. MUST FINISH IN MARCH or my conscience will get the better of me.
  10. Zozo started January 14, 2010: He needs feet and to be assembled.
  11. Princess Needle Case started January 21, 2010: A pro made for me to hold pens in my purse. 3/4 of the way complete.
  12. Test Knitting Cowl started January 25, 2010. After several false starts, I have knit up about four inches of this in the round and realized that I don't like the pattern, I think it is knitting up rather ugly, it is a useless project for me as I have no one that would wear it and if I continue to work on it, it will be a waste of time. Frogged.
  13. Special Olympic Scarf 2010 started February 13, 2010. This is knit and half the ends are woven in.

It is sad to see that I have an unfinished project from over five years ago. Hopefully, I can get some more of these finished this month. If not, I am thinking I may make May a UFO month as well. Maybe that is what I need to do to get these projects done. Set aside an entire month and discipline myself to finish them and not start anything else.

Wish me luck for my mission.

No comments: