As 2011 comes to an end, I am contemplating realistic goals for 2012. My list is by no means complete but it contains the following so far:
1. Blog more. I know I said this last year too but that didn't seem to work. This year, I have found some cool blogging tools to help me plan out my posts better.
2. Complete one book and send it to a publisher.
3. Be more organized.
4. Stay on top of couponing so I can save where I can.
5. Knit more gifts so I do not have to buy as much just before Christmas. I have a pretty good list of ideas started already.
6. Shop for Christmas gifts throughout the year. This should be easier to accomplish as we are only buying gifts for the kids. All gifts for the adults must be homemade.
7. Garden. Mom and I want to have a nice vegetable and herb garden this year so I am committing to helping her with that.
2011 was an okay year. Nothing major or drastic happened. However, I have been in a particularly blue mood since well before Christmas and wishing that would pass before the ball drops.
I am hopeful that laying out my list of goals for the coming year will, in some small way, assist to elevate me from the blues.
There are some things to look forward to in 2012. Princess Ivi's 16th birthday. My 35th birthday. My sister and family's trip to Florida which should include my nephew's first trip to Disney World. Lots of changes for my brother's family.
I am cheerfully optimistic that 2012 will be a good year for my family. But I think the past has taught us all that we can begin the year cheerfully optimistic, however, life often gives us the unexpected. Too often this year, we were caught off guard or unawares by life's unexpected occurrences. Therefore, my main goal this year is to be more prepared for the unexpected. So we will try to save more money, can and freeze more food, and whatever other little things we can do to be more prepared when life throws... well, when life throws life our way.
Wishing you and yours a joyful and safe New Year!!