Monday, September 14, 2009

What I did this weekend?

First, I got my haircut. I donated it to Locks of Love so it is pretty short (right where my neck and shoulders connect). It is cool and it will grow fast. Princess Ivi said it makes me look younger but it is a grown up cut.

Second, Princess Ivi and I went to FYE and I got her the Framing Hanley CD which she went on and on about for days.

Third, we went to Applebee's for lunch. Yummm...

Fourth, we went to Books a Million and picked up some books.

Fifth, then we went home.

During lunch we talked about a decision she had to make. Her father, whom she hasn't seen in 12 years, wants to try to build a relationship with her. If I had my way, I would hold her close to me for the rest of her life but I can't do that to either of us so I told her that I would support whatever decision she chose to make about her father.

Saturday night she told me that she wanted to write to him and send a few recent photos.

So on Sunday after running to CVS to print pics, we wrote him a letter and I mailed it today. Let's keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well and no one gets hurt.

Today, I was impressed with myself because I talked to Princess Ivi's father, whom I haven't spoken to in 12 years and considering how our relationship ended, I was impressed with the fact that I was able to talk to him like an adult without getting emotional.

As for knitting, on Sunday I worked on the Feather and Fan Shawl and I decided that I hated it so I unraveled it. Then I was going to work on another shawl with the same yarn but that didn't work either. I was going to start on some fingerless gloves for Princess Ivi but I couldn't find where I put the Knit 1 magazine that had the pattern. Grrr...so instead I worked on my sister's Christmas present which I can't go into too much detail here because it is a surprise. but all in all, it felt good to be knitting again.

No comments: