Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Settling In

We have spent the past week unpacking and moving stuff over to the new place from Mom’s house (yes still…although it is all the weird stuff like the big tubes of Christmas wrapping paper that don’t fit in the wrapping paper organizer).  After having my kitchen stuff in storage for the past two years, it has been a little like Christmas, oohing and aahing over all the neat things I forgot I owned.  It has also been a little like living in a clown car though with trying to find places for everything.  It doesn’t help that there is a lack of drawers and kitchen cabinets.  But with the baker’s rack and some plastic shoebox-size bins, it is coming together. 

We also have two huge boxes of stuff for a yard sale.  With the stuff that I have now and some clothes that are at my mom’s, we should be able to have a fairly good size yard sale.  I want to go through my craft bins and my closet before we have it though.

I am going to give myself a month to finish pulling stuff for it and then I am going to post on Craigslist and put some signs up and have a yard sale.  Hopefully, I will be able to part with some junk that I have been carting around forever. 

I also have one bin of stuff to go back to my mom’s storage shed and I need to buy at least one bookcase and then I should be able to get the house almost perfect.  

The neighborhood is nice and it has allowed Princess Ivi and I to start walking at night which is very good for us.  We have no TV yet and I know Princess Ivi is bored (partly because there is nothing to do and partly because money is extremely tight) but I think it will get better soon and I know she is happy to be out on our own again. 

No comments: