Tuesday, June 8, 2010

10 Favorite Children's Books

In no particular order:

  1. The Poky Little Puppy – This was the first “gift” I received from a boy.  I got it from Richard in Kindergarten.
  2. Bear Snores On – I bought this for my daughter when she was little because the pictures are adorable and so is the story.  I have since passed it on to my nephew.
  3. All-of-a-Kind Family – This was my favorite book when I was a kid.  It made me want to have lots of siblings and to “visit” the city like they did.  It also made me curious to eat a roasted chestnut which I have and the book makes them sound so good but they really aren’t.
  4. Seven Alone – Although this is more of a young reader’s book.
  5. Any of the Value Tales books.
  6. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish – Gotta love Dr. Seuss
  7. Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? – This book is great to sign the animals to. 
  8. The Greedy Python – Love this book.
  9. Goodnight Moon
  10. Encyclopedia Brown books – Again, more for young readers but a great series of books.

No comments: