Friday, October 2, 2009

Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives...

I was talking to an old high school classmate and after I described my life to her and her reaction was "wow", I realized that my life is truly like a soap opera hence, the title.

On Saturday, I am taking Princess Ivi to Savannah, Georgia to see her father whom she hasn’t seen since she was sixteen (16) months old. I figure this weekend should be traumatic, different, strange and difficult. The two of them have a lot of garbage to wade through to get to the pretty stuff.

I am nervous. I haven’t seen him in 12 years since he squashed my heart like a bug. I realized that life has been good for me without him because I could easily put all of the feelings I had about him and our failed marriage into a storage box and tuck it away in the dark recesses of my brain without having to deal with it. With him back in my life (even in the periphery), I have to now figure out how to deal with the stuff in that storage box. Blech!

Adding to the weirdness of those unresolved feelings is the fact that for the last 12 years I have been so angry with him for walking away from Princess Ivi. (He now knows he was wrong but he confessed that he tried looking for us a few years after he left but was unable to find us because we had moved. Before the move, I had tried in vain to reach him, leaving messages with his family, but never heard from him so I assumed he just didn’t care.)

Of course, life has not been great for Princess Ivi without her dad so I will find a way to deal with everything.

Since I am sure my stress level will hit its tippity-top level this weekend, I am planning a trip to Wild Fibre in Savannah. I figure when my ex-husband drives me crazy, I will go fondle some yarn rather than wrapping my fingers around his throat and squeezing until his head pops off.

I am also going to bring some knitting with me to de-stress at the hotel. I am currently working on the Knit 1 wristers. They are interesting. I have never done cables before but they sure are a lot easier than they look. Go figure. I have 4 rows to do and then I will cast on for the other one.
I am also going to bring the Red Heart Fiesta that Pat and Barry gave me for Christmas last year and work on a scarf for Pat for Christmas.

Oh and my sister’s Christmas present is all knitted up and my mom has done an amazing job stitching it all together. Mom, you rock!!

No comments: