Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, Monday....

So Princess Ivi has decided she wants to see a counselor. She seemed to be worried that she is crazy (which considering the fact that she is exposed to both me and my mother on a daily basis, I can understand that fear). Once I pointed out to her that she wasn't crazy but it was hard to be a teenager, she seemed less fearful.

I am waiting on the doctor's office to call me back so I can schedule an appointment for her.

Of course, adding to her emotional confusion is the fact that she is working on building a relationship with her father whom she hasn't had any contact with in over 12 years. There is a lot of anger to work through and hopefully they can do it. We are actually supposed to go to GA to see him this weekend. Well, I am just a bystander along for the ride. My job will be to make sure my baby doesn't get hurt and to keep them talking to each other. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for her because it is what she wants.

Unfortunately, him being back in our lives brings all sorts of stuff to the surface with me that I thought I had dealt with but apparently I haven't so I am slogging through all of that.

With regard to reading, I have taken a break from books for a while. I figure with as many books as I have read this year (about 200), if I don't read another one all year, I can still feel pretty proud of myself.

As for knitting, I am working on the wristers from Knit 1. They are coming along well. I should be able to finish up the first one this week. I also finished my sister's Christmas gift and have passed it on to my mom for seaming. I have also been planning on the rest of my Christmas knitting that I have to do (leg warmers for mom, hat/scarf sets for mom, pat and barry).

The countdown to Christmas is: 87 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 50 seconds (or so).

No comments: