Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What ever happened to customer service?

I am very concerned about the lack of customer service at businesses now. Here is an example, yesterday I rearranged my whole day to take Princess Ivi to the doctor. I left work early, picked her up and got to the doctor for a 12:30 appointment. Of course, when I got there I was told that the appointment had been canceled and they left a message for me. After learning that the message was left on my cell phone, I pulled out my phone and listened to the messages at the office and was able to tell them that no message had been left. The girl's response was "oh well, Beth will be calling you tomorrow to reschedule". No apology for the inconvenience, no concern that my day was arranged around this appointment, nothing. Grrrr!

So anyway, between that and being stressed out and slightly irritated by my job, I was feeling really anxious all day yesterday. I wasn't sure if I wanted to strangle someone or cry for a while.

It must be something in the air. My sister went to the ER last night because she has some weird ear infection that was causing too much pressure in her head. The doctor at the ER thought she was having an aneurysm. She isn't. It is just the ear and then adding her anxiety on top of it.

While she was gone, I got to watch my nephew. He is 2 and 1/2. He is a super sweet guy and I love hanging out with him.

I guess I have to get back to work since I still have an hour to go and have to hit my 4 hours of billable hours today. I will post more tonight. I am also still searching for pics to post.

No comments: