Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Planners and Purses, Oh My!

I know that technically this post is not about parenting but I think it may fall loosely into that category.  Or at least, I am sticking to that story.

I am going to be starting a new job in about a week.  Although the hours are slightly different (9-5 instead of 8:30 -5), I still feel like I may be stressed to be a great employee and a great mother.  In an effort to simplify my life, I am going to get a great planner and a budget planner and make a household binder.

The planner will likely be a mish-mash of refill parts to create something like the one listed on A Bowlful of Lemons.  She is super organized and I wish my planner could look like hers.  I want colored stickies for me, Princess Ivi, and the pets.  That way, I can keep my head on straight and make the most of my time.  

The budget planner (also from A Bowlful of Lemons) will be a big help because this is a dramatic increase in pay which will allow me to pay off a lot of debt and save for retirement.  I love the budget planner that she uses for her budgeting and I think that this will really help a lot.  

The household binder will be a big help because they will corral all the important documents into one place.  I live with my mom and she is listed as a decision-maker on the utilities and by filing the contact numbers and account numbers for the utilities in a binder and something happens during the day, she can easily call and get it fixed.

I am also going to get a new purse and organize it like this (from A Bowlful of Lemons).  I really like this one from Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery Small Tote, Raspberry, 17in. x 12in. x 7 3/4in.

But I am not sure how well things will stand up in there.  So I was looking at this one too:

Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery Laptop Tote, Black, 14in. x 16 1/2in. x 6in.

But I will have to go look at it to make sure it doesn't resemble a suitcase.

If neither of these will work for me, I will keep looking because as most women know, the hunt for great purse is almost never-ending.

I think with these organization and budgeting ideas, I will be really organized for the start of my new job.

No comments: