Tuesday, November 17, 2009

10 on Tuesday: 10 Things You Wish You Knew How to Do

  1. Play a musical instrument like the piano or guitar. I tried to learn to play the flute but I disagreed with my music teacher/band instructor on whether my fingers were straight and placed in the right spot. If I recall correctly, I told him where he could place my flute. (Dude, I am sorry about that. I blame it on the pre-teen hormones.)
  2. Make real social change like ending poverty, waging peace, or stopping domestic violence.
  3. Fly-because visiting my sister in Massachusetts would be so much easier and cheaper too.
  4. Spin my own yarn. It is on my list to do but I keep putting it off.
  5. Speak a foreign language fluently.
  6. Draw. I can do a pretty mean stick figure but that is the extent of my artistic ability.
  7. Dance. Like ballroom dancing. Of course, I am probably the least graceful person and the most accident-prone person so I would most likely look ridiculous.
  8. Find the time to finish writing the two (2) books I have in draft.
  9. Knit like Mrs. Weasley. I could get so much of my Christmas knitting done if I could just figure out how to cast a charm on my needles to whip up that hat for Barry, scarf for Pat....
  10. Shut my brain off enough to actually get something out of meditating.

No comments: