Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am still alive....

I have been such a slacker lately and haven't been posting here. Obviously....

I haven't been knitting much either. Mostly I have been reading as evidenced by my book list posted below. I have now come to accept the fact that I am insane. Here is why I say that I am insane. Feel free to judge for yourself...

In January, I joined the 52 books in 52 weeks group on Ravelry and then I said "I wonder how many books I can read in a year?" and the monster was born. Now, I got to the library at least every two weeks and get at least 25 books (since I can read 2 a day) and I read a lot. So far I have read 167 books. Some may say that I have read enough books this year and I should stop but I can't just stop. It isn't even September yet. How will I know how many books I can read in a year if I stop early. So I will keep going because I am not a quitter.

Anyway, on my agenda this weekend is a trip to ....the library. But I printed off my wishlist from Amazon so I can at least knock out some of the books I have been wanting to read for ages.

I do have two knifty knitter projects going on...one is a scarf for Princess Ivi with Dark Horse Fantasy in this beautiful purple variegated yarn. I am also making mom some legwarmers for Christmas.

I bought some stash busting tools on Monday. I went to the store to get the pink rectangular loom and picked up four rectangular looms of varying sizes for $20.00 and then I used my 40% off coupon. Yeah.

No comments: