Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol Recap

I love Motown so I was very excited last night. Here are my thoughts on each performer (in no particular order since I can’t remember what order they sang in).

Matt - "Let’s Get It On" - awesome. Simon was so right when he said that Matt’s voice was made for songs like that. (He would have sounded really good doing Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding too.)

Kris - "How Sweet It Is" - okay. The judges kept going on and on about how he put his own sound to this but I thought it sounded a lot like Michael Buble’s version.

Scott - "You Can’t Hurry Love" - not my favorite. I think he has talent and I hope that America gives him the chance to show us what he has.

Michael - "Ain’t Too Proud to Beg" - really bad. That’s all I can say.

Megan - "For Once In My Life" I want to like Megan but she has been picking some atrocious songs lately. She has a story. I mean, come on, she has a full sleeve and she is very pretty but with her performance lately, I don’t think her AI career will be long unless she gets a second chance tonight and picks a better song next week. (And I hope she wears shoes next week.)

Danny - "Get Ready" - I really like Danny. He has an amazing voice. But I didn’t think this was his best performance. I think he picked something easy and I wanted him to do something different. But it was good and it showed his talent.

Adam - "Tracks of My Tears" - really good. I still don’t like him but he did good on this song.

Lil - "Heat Wave" - there were times in this song when she sounded flat and I thought that something was missing but she looked fabulous. I loved that dress.

Anoop - "Baby, Baby" - this was surprisingly good but like Simon said, a little boring.

Allison - "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" - this girl is amazing. She has got so much talent for being so young but like Kara (I think) said she needs votes.

(I just went to American Idol’s website to get the titles of two songs and they spelled Motown wrong. Maybe the proofreaders went on vacation.)

If I had to guess, I would say that Michael, Megan and probably Scott will be in the bottom three. If I had a choice, I want Michael to go home but we will see.

I would have loved someone to do "Build Me Up Buttercup" by the Foundations (which is my favorite song) or some Otis Redding but maybe next time they will call me before they pick the song and let me tell them which one to do.

1 comment:

Knit Witch said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Adam!!!! :)