Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Post

Well, this is my first post here. I have wanted to do this for a while now but wasn't sure it was such a good idea. I have now decided that it is.

So my daughter (who is thinking of her own cyber alias to use here) started 6th grade yesterday. Yikes. Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday she was still a baby.

Anyway, she is pleased with her teacher. There are 10 girls and 11 boys in her class. She is pleased with her specials (art, music, tech ed, computers, and health). The only things she is not pleased with is her locker (it wouldn't open - same thing happened last year) and the fact that she doesn't have a lot of friends (like last year).

So today at lunch, I spent some time looking for pen pals for kids her age and I am going to get her some. That way she will at least have someone to talk to her own age.

On the needles right now are:

-Nothing special sweater for my nephew

-Striped scarf for daughter with Jiffy

Plus those never-to-be-finished projects that I have been "working" on for years like:

-Striped blanket for daughter which by the time I am finished will not even come close to covering her.

-Prayer shawl (started almost 5 years ago when my sister had a miscarriage - she now has a 2 1/2 year old son)

-Baby blanket blocks which need to be seamed

-An assortment of scarfs.